How we work
Thinking with values in mind.
Our company is organised as a partnership and each partner attends personally to the interests of his or her clients. Our partners see themselves as long-term companions, maintaining regular contact and keeping their knowledge up to date so as to have a comprehensive overview of the current situation at a given time. They coordinate our internal resources and are responsible for ensuring that Schomerus provides sound, creative advice and develops first-class solutions of which every detail has been thought through – for you.
The Schomerus companies
- Hamburger Treuhand Gesellschaft Schomerus & Partner mbB Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft, with the emphasis on statutory auditing and auditing-related services
- Schomerus & Partner mbB Steuerberater Rechtsanwälte Wirtschaftsprüfer, with the emphasis on tax and commercial law consultancy
- Schomerus & Partner mbB Berlin Steuerberater Rechtsanwälte Wirtschaftsprüfer, with the emphasis on Non-Profit Organisations
- Schomerus Service GmbH, with the emphasis on non-profit and welfare institutions
- Schomerus – Beratung für gesellschaftliches Engagement GmbH, for advanced consulting in fundraising and communication strategy, donors recruitment and corporate social responsibility
Our clients include national and international, mainly small and medium enterprises of all legal forms and structures and the widest range of manufacturing, trading and service sectors, associations, foundations, public-sector and non-profit enterprises, scientific research institutions, private holders of substantial property and capital assets, and executives from the management of large companies.
The Schomerus companies evolved from a number of enterprises, including Hamburger Treuhand Gesellschaft (founded in 1924), the Dr. Otto Krichhauff practice, Prof. Dr. Hans-Otto Lenel, Udo Schomerus, later Schomerus & Voß Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft, the Bruno Diederich practice (founded in 1932), later Weißenborn, Dr. Tietgen (merged into Hamburger Treuhand Gesellschaft Nettelbeck & Dr. Tietgen), the Thun-Hohenstein practice († 2007) and its partnership with Alexander Eickstädt († 2002).
1995 saw the Hamburger Treuhand Gesellschaft Schomerus & Partner Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft merger, and since 2004 the Schomerus brand name has provided auditing, legal advice, tax advice and management consulting under one roof. Merged with Bollmann & Partner in January 2009.