International businesses need more than just a knowledge of import and export regulations.
National legislations, international treaties, and even looking after expatriates and their families in the host country and at home are often as much of a challenge to companies as customary national issues.
Anyone wishing to maintain an overview needs experts who ensure transparency.
Our advice will protect you from hidden traps and unpleasant surprises. Professional reasoning helps resolve misunderstandings, identify scope for action and discretion at an early stage, utilise advantages and avoid and/or settle disputes.
Complex questions with international ramifications, especially in small and medium-sized businesses, call for countryspecific knowledge of local conditions and collaboration with highly qualified colleagues worldwide. We ensure this global care via our membership of HLBI, the HLB international network with offices in more than 100 countries and a presence in all significant economic centres. Schomerus has been a member of HLB Deutschland, a network of independent audit companies with 13 member firms in 34 locations, since 1972.
In the legal field, Schomerus is a member of the International Bar Association, the world’s largest association of independent lawyers. Via this network, we have contacts with lawyers in all jurisdictions.
Our Portfolio of Services
- Cross-border tax planning and structuring
- Taxation and social insurance for employees, executives and supervisory boards (secondment and expat services)
- Transfer pricing
- VAT in cross-border business activities
- Advice on all commercial law and labour law matters
- Design of commercial law and labour law contracts
- Business start-ups
- Mergers & acquisitions
Accountancy and auditing
- International accounting – IFRS and US-GAAP
- Individual and consolidated accounts and reporting packages – preparation, support and advice
- Auditing to international standards (ISA)
Private individuals and entrepreneurs
- International inheritance law and inheritance tax
- Foreign income, especially real estate and financial investments
- Foreign real estate
Together, our – your – Schomerus partners for cross-border business form a team of experts with complementary skills. They have many years’ experience of guiding and looking after international clients. They have worked abroad themselves and along with the required technical knowledge also have the open-mindedness that is required to deal with different mentalities. We advise and support German companies with operations abroad and, of course, subsidiaries of foreign companies in Germany.